water pump impellar replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pump impellar replacement

I have a 2005 50TLRC 2 stroke o/b. The water pump impellar disintegrated over the winter. My question, can I drop the lower unit and simply replace the impeller from the top of the shaft or do I have to remove everything from the bottom up, and are there any tricks or concerns that will jump up and bite me in the butt during this process?

Just drop lower unit, water pump sets on top of gear housing easy to get to.
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-25-2009, 01:17 PM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Dear boat.net,
      Please email me the video on how to replace the water pump on a 1993 YAMAHA 9.9 HP 2 cycle outborad, pull start,
      Thanks
      Hary

Comment

Here's something I put together a while back. Should help you.

InterMedia Outdoors Forums: Boating: Water Pump Replacement / A DIY Job with Photos

Comment

Square Grouper,

I would like very much to see your Yamaha water pump impeller replacement procedure and pictures. I tried the link you provided but it just will not come up on that site. Is there any way you could put it on this site or something so that I could see it? Thanks much.

Comment

go to: bogueinletnc.com/yamaha for instructions with photos on water pump replacement, plus other procedures. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
              go to: bogueinletnc.com/yamaha for instructions with photos on water pump replacement, plus other procedures. Good Luck!
              I checked this out and it does look as easy as it sounds. Thanks again for the post

Comment

What a big help

It is people like you and the rest of the members that make boating maintenance seem like a piece of cake. Very nice job and thank you for your post.

Comment

Working...
                X