Using t/t special tool YB-06175-2B...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using t/t special tool YB-06175-2B...

I've got a 2002 Yamaha 200hp. I'm trying to use the special tool purchased from boats.net but cannot get any of the pins to line up with any combination of the trim cylinder holes. Does the special tool noted in the title not work with the trim cylinders? Should they line up with the 2 holes on opposite sides of the trim piston? I can get two pins that are about 1/16" too far apart but they will not line up enough to get in the hole (I'm sure I could force them in but it would damage the threaded studs that are used as pins. The actual tool doesn't look like the pictures in any manuals (with a trim side and solid pins and a tilt side with solid pins). Has anyone used this tool and verified that it actually worked as it should?

That tool part number is for the older trim units with metal reservoir, you need part number YB-06548 to use on newer ones with plastic reservoir.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Will that one work on both the tilt and trim cylinders? I cannot find it on the boats.net search tool. Where can one purchase it?
      Last edited by big_b16; 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Yes that will work on both cylinders. Tools are special order and not listed on web, call boats.net at 877-408-1499
        Last edited by boats.net; 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

No. This tool (the one you told me would fit) will not fit the trim cylinders. It only fits the tilt cylinder. It only has tabs on one side that fit the tilt...none on the other side to fit the trim. Do you have any other guesses as to the part number for a TRIM cylinder wrench?

Comment

I'm sorry it's listed as TNT wrench. YB-06175-2B will work I just tried it on a 2002 200 hp power trim cylinder.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Which holes were you using? There were some that would be close, but none that would fit like the Tilt cylinder did. That was an exact fit...unlike the -2B tool. Is there not a tool like the 06548 with the Tilt pins on one side and the Trim pins on the other side? I've seen the tool before. I'd bet it is the right one. The -2B will not fit on my trim cylinders regardless of the pin configuration. I don't think it matters much, but my motor is one of the mid-2002 models that has a 2003 head and parts (which does matter for O2 sensor stuff). Was there a change in the trim cylinders for 2003 models?
              Last edited by big_b16; 06-05-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X