175 bogs Down After 3500 RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 175 bogs Down After 3500 RPM

I have a 2004 175 2- Stroke, will throttle up to around 3500 then will start to bog down. If I throttle all the way up it will miss and struggle to stay up.
    Can achieve up to 4500 if I pull back on the throttle some.
    i checked the fuel pressure on the mid pressure fuel pump while it's running and it holds pressure fine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by rhockett; 05-16-2009, 01:34 PM.

If it's an HPDI model then have it checked with computer diagnostic system to check high fuel pressure pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

coach nate

rhockett, I have a 2000 Yamaha 200 that had the same problem last season. I removed the high pressure fuel filter and cleaned it out with carb cleaner spray and the problem was solved. If that doesn't work, check the O2 sensor and make sure it is clean.

Comment

175 bogs Down After 3500 RPM

I cleaned the O2 sensor and that didn't work, also checked the mid pressure pump and it's working fine, I'm going to use a can of good gas tomm. to rule bad fuel out. I also put new plugs in it, cleaned the VST tank and filter out but still the same problem. I'm stabbing in the dark now. any other ideas?

Comment

2004 175 Bogs down at 3500 RPM...

okay so far I've cleaned the O2 sensor and that didn't work, checked the mid pressure pump and it's working fine,hooked it up to a can of fresh gas and that didn't work, I put new plugs in it, cleaned the VST tank and filter out with still the same problem.

I was told by a mechanic that I should check the stator output.
          The service manual says to use a peak meter (DVA) and it only says test Green wire to Green wire but it has 3 Green wires so I used my dva and checked back and forth between all of them and all gave the same output.

The manual say's at 3500 RPM I should get around 35 VDC but I only got 15.9 max the whole time. I got a little over 12 at idle then it climbed up to 15.9 as I ran it up to 3500.
          Is this the right way to check the stator or am I missing something?
          Or am I checking it right and I have a bad stator?
          Has anyone had stator problems before like this on the Yamaha's?

Comment

If this is an HPDI model(Z175 or VZ175) then it does not have a charge coil in stator for ignition, the two green wires are the lighting coil for the alternator. You need to check the high pressure fuel pump, the only way to check it is connected to computer diagnostic system.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X