Fuel/Oil Mix Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel/Oil Mix Question

OK here goes, My head was up my Butt yesterday and when I went to fill the fuel tank I put in a quart of Oil thinking in my thick skull that I KNEW I had at least 12 gallons of Fuel room in the tank. Well I was only able to put 7.5 Gallons of Fuel in. My question is I ran the motor yesterday and it ran just as good as always and I now have room to add the additional 4.5 gallons of fuel to even out the Fuel/Oil mix. Do I just add the 4.5 gallons without any additional Oil or should I just keep adding the correct Fuel/Oil mix as if I didnt add too much oil?

Thanks

Steve

Are you mixing the two directly?

Comment

it is a 24 Gallon Tank in my bass boat and the engine is a premix so I put the gas then the oil in but yesterday I was in a hurry and put the oil in first then the gas

Comment

It shouldn't be an issue, either way the two will mix themselves while in tow or on the water.
        I do it either way, usually the oil first then the fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by ProV200 View Post
          It shouldn't be an issue, either way the two will mix themselves while in tow or on the water.
          I do it either way, usually the oil first then the fuel.
          I know that they will mix that wasnt the question. The question is I added too much oil by accident in the begining. Should I now after running it a bit yesterday just add the rest of the gas straight without adding any further oil to make the Fuel/Oil mix correct in the tank now.

Comment

Now that I have reread your question, I think if it were me I would just add the rest of the gas and run it until you are ready to add fuel and oil next time. I am not an expert mechanic, but I think you will be okay.

Maybe someone else on the board can give you a better answer than I.

Comment

No I wouldn't add more gas(without oil), a little too much oil is not a problem just may smoke a little excessive.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you very much!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X