Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F225 Tilt & Trim Problem & No High RPM's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Tilt & Trim Problem & No High RPM's?

I have just replaced the low pressure fuel pump on my 2004 F225 and had to work on the high pressure pump to get going due to bad fuel sitting up for the last 8 months. Took the boat out after running on the cups in the yard and the engine will only turn about 3400RPM max in gear. In neutral I can red line it! Came back checked firing and all cylinders are firing but a few plugs looked rough (Brand new set of NGK's). It also idles a little rough. Is there anyway to clean the throttle bodies or am I going the wrong direction on this one? I am going to replace the bad looking plugs tomorrow and see if that clears up anything either. Any input here or suggestions will be greatly helpful. While in the process of all this my tilt and trim quit working on helm and the side switch on engine. I can hear the relay clicking when either switch is pressed either way but the trim pump will not do anything. it was working fine until I had trimmed the engine up to make sure nothing was caught around the prop. Could this just happen to be a bad relay or is there something else here I need to check? Again, thanks ahead of time!

Sounds like it's starving for fuel, could be a fuel restriction in boat fuel system and loosing fuel pressure(high pressure pump) to injectors.
    Check for 12 positive and ground between blue and green wires going to trim motor. If have voltage to motor then motor is bad.
    Last edited by boats.net; 05-12-2009, 10:20 AM.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I have not checked the trim wires going to trim pump, but I have checked fuel pressure on fuel rail between HP Fuel pump and Injectors and have a little over 40 PSI. My local Yamaha mecahnic says that's right. He thinks injectors are clogged? Thanks Again! I'll let you know about trim motor!

Comment

Working...
      X