tilt trim remote issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt trim remote issue

Thanks to this forum, I was able to remove, blast, repaint and re-install tilt trim units on my F225's. Problem: when I use the single trim switch on the remote lever (which usually works the trim on BOTH engines at once), only the port engine moves. The remote is a standard yamaha remote for twin engines. If I use the trim switches that are on the motors, trim works fine on both motors. Interestingly, the remote also has up/down switches for each engine, and these work fine. It is only the up/down switch on the lever that is not working properly.

1. Is there a wiring connection I should check on the remote? Or some king of synchrinization procedure?

2. Could this be a battery issue? I say this because the boat is out of the water and has not been routinely charged, just an initial chanrge when installing after winter storage.

3. I i mixed up the port and starboard units when re-installing, would this have anything to do with it? (I would think not since the units are interchangeble per the parts diagram).

Could be a bad switch or a bad relay,number 58 in this diagram Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL BINNACLE PREMIUM DUAL Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X