Lower Unit Still Won't Break Free!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Unit Still Won't Break Free!

1994 225 Txrs, Managed To Get Lower Unit Down Away From Intermediate 1\4 In. All The Way Around With Wood Shims And To Pry Bars, And A Can Of Pb Blaster But It Won't Release I Think It's Hung Up On Drive Shaft Spline Connection, Not Sure Though. The Shift Rod Is Splined, Right?. No Bolt Holding Shift Rod. Any Ideas Or Sugestions Appreciated Greatly

1989 manual says to unclip the pivot tube from the swivel bracket. I don't know how much they changed in four years.
    Does it have a two piece shift shaft with a connector nut with a lock nut halfway down the leg?
    No Bolt Holding Shift Rod.
    Does that mean you cant find a bolt holding it or you have removed it?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, No it does not have a connection any where that i can see except where the linkage meets at the powerhead. I've looked up and down, i have a seloc manual, not the best i think to general and not enough picture help for me. I've ordered a clymer's guys seem to keep talking about this so i'll try it. it has been sitting for 36 hrs. with alot of downward pressure on it with the shims beat in there with a 3lb. hammer and i even have a 2x4 up against the nose of the lower unit at the cavitation plate and the other end on a 2x4 at the transom clamp with down pressure from tilt unit on it and it hasn't moved a fraction in 36hrs. there's got to be 200 lbs. on it. I'm stumped. and stuck in the mud. thanks for the reply and input, i'll take more if you got it.

Comment

Bolt under the torque tab ?

You did remove the torque tab and remove the bolt hidden under it right? There is nothing up above to remove (unlike the Evinrudes...). Just the bolts around the circumference of the lower unit. If you remove all the bolts it should just drop down. Don't pound shims into the gap.

- Mike

Comment

Working...
        X