99 150hp 150TXRS Overheat temp alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 150hp 150TXRS Overheat temp alarm

I have a 99 150TXRX 2 stroke, Last season (being up here in the NE our season is May-Nov) I had the temp alarm going off occasionally in the fall (warmer water) at idle or low speed. would usually stop, restart, give it a run and no more alarm.
    Just replaced both thermostats, went to run it up to temp on the hose with muffs less then 10 min into it solid alarm. steady stream out the Pee hole (as always), Have since inspected the water pump- looks mint, PRV valve - good too. Very little sign of any salt build up so I'm hesitant of pulling the heads to check for any blockage in the cooling channels.
    Have been reading a lot of posts on here regarding overheating and Yamahas being sensitive to the water flow and am wondering if its due to being on the hose vs. in the water (My hose has serious pressure)
    Pee hole water stayed cold from the hose when running but once I shut it down the water draining off out of it was warm.

All thoughts welcomed !

On an overheat problem it's best to start with a new water pump(complete including housing). When testing put in the water, running on a hose is not a good test for it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X