Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling water pressure

Boat.net,
    #1. I am preparing my boat for launch and started both engines on land using the flusher attachment and sealing the water inlet at the bullet end and running water to both the higher inlet in middle of lower unit and the flush out connection below the cowling. All was fine and ran for 15 minutes except the cooling water pressure mode would not come up on the gauge when I scrolled through the modes. It is as if this option did not exist. It appeared and was working fine at the end of the season last year. I checked the wiring harness and physically they seem fine. Any suggestions?

#2. I notice when running the engines on land the LF motor (counter rotating) has a slight knocking noise in the lower unit when idling, especially when it is put into gear. I only bump it into gear to check for forward and reverse operation prior to launch. The F engine has no knocking noise. Is this normal?

I have 2007 twin LF/F 250's with the round command link gauges.

It is normal not get any water pressure at idle and when running on hose can't get enough water to build pressure.
    They will make a noise without a load on prop.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X