impeller question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impeller question

I put a new impeller in the water pump housing but was unsure if I put it in the right way. Water seems to be pumping okay so I'm assuming that I put it in correctly.
    Will it still pump water if it's in the wrong way?

Would pump water(may not enough to keep cool) but probably wouldn't last long.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

NOt sure which way to put it

problem now is I'm not sure which way is the proper way. I guess I can try both ways and see which works better.

Comment

Get a service manual for your motor...

If you are going to continue doing your own maintenance on your motor I would suggest investing in a Yamaha service manual for it. Yamaha Manual Store - Genuine Yamaha Manuals and you can order it online.

- Mike

Comment

only goes one way

Today I noticed it can actually only fit one way thanks to the keyhole. This is on a 3.6 hp Parson. If anyone can help me find a parson repair manual I would apreciate it these outboards seem to be very rare.
          My main motor is a 25 Yamaha.

Comment

Parsun outboards....

Those little Chinese Parsun motors aren't sold much here in the States. I don't even think there is a "service manual" for them. Maybe one of their few dealers would know where to find one if any. Try emailing one of them and see if you get a response. But the Yamaha is easy to find the manual and the parts.

- Mike

Comment

Get a service manual ...

I'm sure Mike, if you where there you'd say "Hold my beer and watch this" and have that impeller installed in a jiff.
              But you know he's right on the money, if you are going to continue doing your own maintenance on your motor I also would suggest investing in a Yamaha service manual for it. It's worth every penny.

It's a heck of alot cheaper than another motor.
              Last edited by ProV200; 05-06-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X