1998 200 HP Yamaha 2 stroke main oil tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 200 HP Yamaha 2 stroke main oil tank

I have a 1998 200 HP Yamaha salt water series. I'm trying to get the oil tank hooked up but there seems to be a wiring harness missing from the main oil tank to the motor.Does anyone know where I can get the harness and where I can see a drawing of how to hook it up.
    thanks,
    Barry

shoot me an email i think i have one i will send you bigfish1229@gmail.com

Comment

see drawing how to hook it up

Barry,

From what you say, my guess is you may have a S200TXRW (1998 Outboard). I'm no professional outboard mechanic but I think, these 2 links I provided you should help get you started w/out a hands on manual Yamaha OEM Parts ? Outboards, Outboard Motors

Enter your specs, then locate the part you need. After that, click the zoom in magnifier 4x's. If that still to small hold the Ctrl key and press the + key to increase the magnification size of the screen display.

Below is jus' a screen shoot of the page, it's a schematic image of the Oil Tank, BE SURE to click the above link and then input your engine specs.

Hope this helps If not, maybe bigfish1229 can.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ProV200; 05-04-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Schematic

I think the # 16 wire lead might be what I need. I'm not sure if it plugs into the tank and then to the motor and to what color connector on the motor.

That was great help and I appreciate all I can get.
        thanks,
        Barry

Comment

Outboard Model Number

So, was I correct regarding the model number of your Outboard?
          S200TXRW (1998 Outboard), guessing the S stands for Salt Water Series
          Last edited by ProV200; 05-04-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Barry,

Pretty sure I have a harness that'll work for you, I bought it by mistake trying to solve the same problem on my '91 225. Let me know & we can work it out, for much cheaper than the $100+ Yamaha will charge you for one!

Comment

Harness

I actually had the correct harness but my oil tank was an older model so the plug was different. I bought a new oil float switch for the tank and it worked with my harness. it was still 100.00. So now I have that fixed and the engine don't want to idle. I have to keep choking it to stay running. I cleaned the small filter and changed plugs too. the motot was running good till I replaced my shifter and cables so I don't know whats going on now.

thanks for your help,
              Barry

Comment

ProV200 You were right about the model number. Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                X