1993 yamaha 200 trxx boggs over 2000 rpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 yamaha 200 trxx boggs over 2000 rpms

Motor starts good , 2 new fuel pumps,new water sep filter ,fuel lines and bulb replaced,all three carbs rebuilt,new water pump kit and thermostats .Compression was 122-124, oil. system and cooling looks normal .Everthing started when I added soafoam to my fuel tank. The filter had about a teaspoon material that looked like pink silicon in it and the antisyphon valve had a corkscrew piece of red plastic in it. All the above repairs were made and the engine ran normal for 15 minutes , stopped to fish and when tried to rev the motor it would bogg and shake when . Boat is a 2000 rpms was reached.The boats in a slip so I can't have a tech work on it . Thanks ,Boat is a Grady White 209 CC

compression WAS .... sounds like a fuel prob...
    retear the carbs,ive done them up to 3 times...and they can sound great on the hose but you will only know when under load. post your fix !

Comment

Try draining the carbs first, you may have sucked up water and the float bowls now have water. Before you stored it for the winter did you fill the fuel tank? Airspace in the fuel tank will alow condensation to form, and you may have water in the tank.
      -Rich

Comment

The fuel was always fresh and stabil added.No water was in the filter or carbs,I pumped out 5 gallons of gas and no water or debris was found??

Comment

did you pump it out from the bottom where any and all water and debris would be?

Comment

Check out the warning system, that engine has an RPM reduction if overheats or low on oil engine will not run over 2000 RPM's. Ground pink wire at temp sensor on top of cylinder head and turn ign. key on and see if warning buzzer sounds. If it doesn't then the buzzer could be bad and the engine could be in RPM reduction. If all checks good then you might try running the engine on another gas tank ( a 6 gallon portable), if runs good on that tank then check fuel system in boat.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When I had this problem on one of my old '92 V-6 motors it turned out to be the O-ring seal on a couple of the carb main jets, they were torn and leaking, allowing fuel flooding. It sounds fuel related anyway. Since you found so much debris and crap in the rest of the fuel system I would say pull the jets out of the bottom of the carb bowls and inspect them again. Look at the orange O-ring seals at the tip of each main jet. If they are torn or missing replace them. They cost about $5 each at the dealer. Check the orifice of each jet for debris and clean them out with some carb cleaner like Berryman's Chemtool spray (Walmart). Good luck.

Mike...... Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
              X