2006 f150 trim gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 f150 trim gauge

I'm adding a trim gauge to my 150, the boat had teleflex lido's so that is what I went with. I was told to connect the pink wire for the trim sender.

In the motor I find a lone pick wire that shows the correct Ohms and also a pink and black pair of which the pink shows the correct Ohms to operate the gauge. Both of these are have a connector that has a wire continue on to another location.

First which of these do I use and second after I open the connector do I just cap off the other unused end? Or do I need to splice "all 3" wires back together? All 3 being the 2 existing that are spliced at the connector and then my new 3rd wire to the gauge?

Last if one pink is for the sender what is the other for?

Hope that makes sense, Dave

6Y5-83653-10-00 Trim/Oil harness will plug into off white colored 4 prong square connector on engine. Then run it to console, cut the pink wire at square connector(gauge end of trim/oil harness) and connect to trim gauge.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I tried that harness and it didn't work.....plugged it in to the connector on the motor end and clipped the pink wire on the console end. Nothing coming from the pink wire as far as an ohm reading. Also checked the motor end of that connector...no Ohm reading out of any of those 4 wires that would operate the gauge.

Now if I disconnect the connectors on those other two pinks I discussed earlier and hook the meter up or the gauge it works perfectly?

Any thoughts? Anyone know what the lone pink and then the pink/black two wire combo are?

Anyone know where to find a shop/repair manual for that motor? I can't seem to find anything newer than an '04?

Comment

The trim sender is on transom bracket and that wire should plug into harness on engine.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I found the trim sender and if I follow it back into the enging that is the black and pink pair. It goes from the sender to a connector and that is one of the connectors that I get the correct reading from and can get the gauge to work.

So if I pull that connector apart and use the leads from the sender and run out to the gauge i then have the other end of the connector that runs into the main wiring harness. Does that have to connect to something or can I just cap it? Does the motor need to know at all what the sender is "saying"

Thanks for the help.

Comment

anyone else with any ideas?

Comment

The lone pink on mine is a thicker gauge wire. It was connected to the white wire on my LCD speedo and used for fuel gauge sender.

Comment

Working...
              X