1996 250 TURU dual problems temp and tilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 250 TURU dual problems temp and tilt

I have a 1996 250 TURU saltwater series, while returning from fishing yesterday on low tide, I hit a bar ( in the channel ) running at 1/4 speed which caused the motor to jump up, after continuing on everything was fine and normal but when entering my marina area on low tide I have to tilt my motor some ( muddy bottom ) and run slow which I did but the tilt kept leaking down and the motor sucked up some grass and mud and I noticed that the pee hole quit pumping water about 100yards from my marina, I was running at idleand kept shutting the motor off and on just to maintain momentem to the marina...the temp alarm went off as I was docking, was in the current so had to continue docking and immediately shut the motor off. after letting it cool, I cleaned the intakes for the water and restarted the motor, good flow out of the pee hole but after about 4 to 5 minutes of running temp alarm came back on and flashed, I cut motor off,now also when I tilt the motor it tilts fine but then leaks back down...boat is a 24 Grady Strike on a boat lift and I do not have a trailer. Any possible solutions on thelift or do I need to get it pulled and does anyone have any solutions as to what problems I may have??? I am actually a retired charter boat captain but very little outboard experience any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probably will need to check or replace water pump.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

power tilt /trim

I kind of figured that, how about the trim/tilt leaking back down could have hitting the sand at qurter speed and having the motor kick forward have damaged something severely enough to require repair or replacement of the tilt cylinder? or is there some sort of safeety overide that needs to be reset or adjusted...the unit tilts all of the way up as normal but then leaks right back down, thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
      X