Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Series II analog gauges with '98 200hp SWSeries

Hi, All,
    I'm brand new here; from what I've read, this is THE place for Yamaha fans...
    I have a 1998 200hp 2 stroke Salt Water Series that I have mounted on my Grady-White. I really like the white-faced Pro Series II gauges, and need to know if they will work with this motor. I am fairly sure they will, with the exception of the trim gauge. I read elsewhere online that it may not be able to connect, due to the number of wires.
    If anyone could confirm this, I would be really grateful. Even if the gauge and motor have different wires in their stock configuration, is there any way around that?
    Thanks in advance, hope to be able to install the whole analog set. It's going to look awesome.
    Regards,
    Carl

No the trim wont work, it requires a 2 wire trim sender and the 98 motor has a 3 wire trim sender. The Pro Series(black face w/orange letters) does offer a trim gauge for 3 wire sender, part number 6Y5-83670-11-00.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Pro Series II white gauges

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I am curious how the trim information is sent - what is it reading off, and why the 2 vs 3 wire versions?
      Do you (or anyone else reading this) think there would be any way to adapt or modify it to work?
      In case you are wondering why this is so important, the boat (Grady-White Tournament) is sort of a "back to life" project for my dad. He lives in the Gulf Islands (BC Canada) and has just started to recover from Leukemia. He is going to be ok, after a few years of uncertainty, and wants to get back to boating. Being a bit "old school", he likes the analog gauges, and when he mentioned that, I decided I would go that way if at all possible. The white is way better looking, and better for his eyes, which aren't as good as they used to be!
      Thanks again, I truly appreciate any guidance or advice you may have.
      Carl
      Last edited by propnuts; 04-28-2009, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X