Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting FMM to Furuno Navnet GPS

Good evening,

I am trying to connect Yamaha FMM with Furuno Navnet GPS. The follwoing excerpt if from Furuno customer service:

"If DATA PORT 1 is used, you can use DATA 3. The cable is the same, part number “000-154-028”. Wire the WHITE and BARE shield wire to the FFM. The WHITE wire is the OUTPUT + and the Bare (shield) is the OUTPUT-, these wire into the FFM Input + and Input – respectively."

So my questions are:

1. FMM has a male S-Video connector for GPS connection. Of the 4 pins, which ones are "input +" and "input -"? I already have "000-154-028" and am trying to get it wired correctly.

2. I am having a bit difficult time finding a S-Video FEMALE connector. Where can I find the female connector?

Thanks for your time in advance.

Regards,

yhc

It's the white wire
    FMM GPS Connection.JPG
    6Y5-85721-F0-00 pricing
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

white wire

Do you mean the white wire from FMM is "input +"?

Comment

Yes the white wire connects to GPS positive output lead.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

A bit of complication

Good evening,

I just came back from a few days of boating. Before I left on the trip I had conneted my FMM to GPS unit as stated above. When I checked them out separately they functioned fine. However when I turned them both on, FMM quit working...it actually would not turn on at all now. I checked the fuse near the battery and that was alright.

Is there a reset switch for FMM that can be used? Do you have any suggestion on any trouble shooting tips other than replacing the whole unit?

Regards,

yhc

Comment

Problem resolved

The positive lead to FMM had come loose after a 70 mile road trip to the dock when I turned both units on! The problem is now resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X