Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ox66 low speed stall

low speed stall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2001 fuel injected 200hp 2 stroke. It has been sitting for a couple of months. It has been run during that time but only at the house, not under load. I took it out, the other day, and it would start immediately but stall when put into gear. I finally got it to run, in gear, and was able to open it up. It ran great. But when backed down it would stall after running about a minute at 700 rpms. I could get it started again and take it to any speed above 1000 rpms and it would be great. Back to idle speed, it would die.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Randy

really need help

I sent the injectors out and 3 were flooding at ldle and all 6 flooding at wo.
    cleaned, adjusted and balanced great. Still have the same problem.
    I have taken the boat to a dealer and I am being told that it might be the fuel pump resistor, if not, it will be the ecm. ($1700.00). The mechanic claims that there is not enough voltage for the pump at speeds less than 2500rpms. When above 2500 all is well. He also states that there were no error codes and there is no way to test the ecm.
    I am looking for 2 things,
    1. does this sound possible or am I being taken to the cleaners?
    2. Is there any DETAILED info on the ox66 fuel system, theory and wiring diagrams available on the net?

thank you

Comment

Start with the basics. Where the spark plugs checked/replaced? Fuel filters? Check throttle linkage/adjustments? Low pressure fule pumps? I'm not an expert outboard mechanic but a failed ecm would likely not allow the engine to run at all.

Comment

The plugs have been replaced, all fuel filters were replaced, new fuel, O2 sensor cleaned.

Comment

ox 66

Sounds like a problem I had with my 225 of the same year.

After trouble shooting everything we traced it back to the main wire harness !

Replaced it and runs great now

Comment

pressure regulator?

Ok, now the mechainic says he swapped the computer and same problem. Then he said it must be the harness. Now it's not the harness. He swapped the VST and the motor runs great. He says it's the fuel pressure check valve located in the high pressure pump and to replace it, they must replace the whole pump. $800+. According to what I see, the regulator is a replacable unit $145. The mechanic has 6 hours into the boat at $98 per, replaced the resistor at $90 and wants $800+ and another hour to fix it. That's about $1600 too much. I'm about to hook it up and drag it out of there.

Is there another check valve in the fuel pump that he could be talking about?

Help Help Help

Comment

Sounds as if your mechanic is not Yamaha certified. If he is following diagnostic procedures by Yamaha standards I don't think the guessing **** would be happening. Never heard of a check valve in the pump and none is listed in any Yamaha literature that I have. Did he verify the three lift pumps are working properly?

Comment

Originally posted by jf123 View Post
                Sounds as if your mechanic is not Yamaha certified. If he is following diagnostic procedures by Yamaha standards I don't think the guessing **** would be happening. Never heard of a check valve in the pump and none is listed in any Yamaha literature that I have. Did he verify the three lift pumps are working properly?
                did he check the screen at the bottom of the pump and did he put a guage on the vst pump for fluxuation

Comment

certified? good question. This is a 5 star yamaha dealer. That doesn't mean that the mechanic is certified in anything other than video training. And who knows if the mechanic that qualified the dealer for the rating is this one or even there anymore.
                  The mechanic claims to have cleaned the vst and all screens in it. He did put a fuel pressure gauge on it originally. He found that the fuel pressure would drop while at ldle which resulted in a stall. He also found that the pressure maintained while above 2500 rpms. This is why he chose the resistor. He maintains that the resistor reduces voltage to the fuel pump at low rpms. Above 2500 rpms the resistor is bypassed and full voltage is supplied to the pump. That quess didn't work so he went to the ecu. and so on.
                  I'm pulling the boat out in the morning. This will probably be a battlle. I don't intend to pay for quess work.

I do see the pressure regulator as a seperate part. According to a diagram that I have, the regulator also acts as a check valve. ????

Comment

Working...
                  X