703 wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 703 wiring help

Hi, i have a 1987 30deo yamaha 30hp outboard i have the 703 side mount control unit, it doesnt have any trim or so on, it has a 7 pin connector which goes to the engine, it has another set that i'm not too sure on, i have purchased the boat and all the gauges dont work, plus some one with alot of expertise has run wire after wire so i stripped it all down and im left with 6 wires all with bullet hole connectors on it 2 sets of 3 wires, 1 set is green yellow black, and the other set is double yellow black and pink, i need help knowing where they go, i'm assuming they were for the gauges, i has speedo, fuel, volt meter hour meter and one othe 0-60-0 gauge im assuming thats another battery gauge, so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
    many thanks.
    Where can i get new set of gauges from and im trying to work out what forward control i have(model number) push is forward pull is reverse no trim control.

The yellow, green and black wires are for the gauges. The yellow is 12 volts key on power, the green is tach signal wire and black is ground. Here is a list of gauges Yamaha Gauges
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      The yellow, green and black wires are for the gauges. The yellow is 12 volts key on power, the green is tach signal wire and black is ground. Here is a list of gauges Yamaha Gauges
      Thank you, any idea on the pink wire?

Comment

It is for the oil warning light module.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you for your help

Comment

i checked the wiring and this is what i found,one of the yellows has power when ignition is on, black as earth is fine, i tried the pink wire, bought an external light so its visible to me at the front of the boat, now i know it wont light up only when the outboard overheats, thought the red light on the outboard quicly turns on, i had taken out the fuel just to get a red light reading though the new light i bought doesnt light up, the rest i have not checked as yet, by any chance any of these tacho? and does the hour metre run as the same as the tacho would. thanks in advance

Comment

pink - signal or signal ground?

I found this table of outboard wiring:
              Classic Whaler: Boston Whaler: Reference: Wire Color Code.

It says that the Yamaha pink wire is signal ground (-), not (+).

Comment

Thanks for that, on the outboard warning light there is 2 wires going into it the pink and a yellow with red strip wire, the 703 control module has a single pink wire, how would this be wired? thank you

Comment

unless the yellow with red wire is the thermal sensor? does the 703 have a buzzer that comes from the control box?

Comment

any one know?

Comment

yes internal buzzer

I am having the same issues. Pink wire showing 12 V when key turned on. When I put power to it the internal buzzer in the 703 con*****er comes on. Im not sure but I thought someone had posted that the buzzer will sound and then turn off after 15 seconds. Loud as hell. Not sure if it has to go to to a warning light as its not the original motor that came with the boat.

Comment

Working...
                      X