Yamaha c85 water pump problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha c85 water pump problem

Hi. First timer. Having water flow problem after waterpump service. I changed impellar,, casing, and seals on my 1994 Yamaha C85TLRS as I usually do. Left thermostat off to check that I get a good stream of pee without interference. Well as it turns out the engine idles withou peeing, but when in the water and I hit the throttle in gear and get RPM up it will pee. It will also pee with rabbit ears and normal water hose pressure. Any suggestions? I checked the impellar and key for correct poitioning. I cleaned out the pee hole on the lower cowling, checked the rubber tube for flow. Only thing, I did notice a bit of sand and water around the plastic water pump housing when I dropped the lower unit to trouble shoot. I then connected a hose to the water tube that slides into the water pump assembly and noticed that it leaks back down somewhere in the upper casing close to the lower cowling. Is this normal flow, or do I have a clog in that water tube? Please advise. Thank you very much in advance !
    Last edited by texex1; 04-18-2009, 11:03 AM. Reason: clarify

Sounds like still have a water pump problem, check that water tube grommet is in place in water pump housing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X