Losing medium and high fuel pressure on 200 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing medium and high fuel pressure on 200 HPDI

Motor runs perfect till it heats up. After it heats up I lose all but idle power. At that time I show medium and high fuel pressure loss on the program. All filters have been removed, cleaned, or changed.. Sinse both medium and high pressure faults show I'm wondering if its the medium pressure pump in the V.S.T. tank???
    Thank you for your advise,
    Nick

The diagnostic program only shows high pressure(list it PSI and MPa). Need to check low pressure at VST inlet and medium pressure at VST.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

What should the low and medium pressure be? Also, if they check out what could possibly cause two high pressure pumps to fail in under a year?
      Thank you very much for your time,
      nick

Comment

Low pressure pumps should be 4-6 psi. VST pump should be 35-52 psi on HPDI models.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for your time and professional advise... Coming from a engineering background I refused to believe I could have two high pressure pumps fail from identical symptoms in a row.. By self education and the help from people on this site I was finally told about the internal filter on pump not shown or spoken of in manual and unknown to the two dealers that informed me I needed a new pump..
          cleaned filters in both pumps and both work like new.... Thanks for the advise and saving me thousands!!!!!
          N.W.

Comment

Working...
          X