2006 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F150

Need help! Checked oil on 06 F150 and looks like water in motor oil but smells like gas. Before this happened engine started backfiring then quit running. Still not running. Can't afford to take to shop right now.

Don't let it sit, if it does have water in oil you could have serious engine damage if not fixed right away. Change engine oil and try to get running.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2006 F150

O.K. drained oil and replaced with new filter, installed head gasket and put timing back to where it was to be. Now the motor won,t start. Have spark at plugs and fuel, but motor turns over a couple of times then back fires. Need to know if there is any way to adjust timing without risking damage to valves. Or idea on what to look for.

Comment

If timing belt is timed correctly then probably have a valve problem.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2006 F150

Well checked valves and accoreding to manual no adjusment is needed, so i checked compression and all cylinders are 110 to 130. One thing that i did notice this time around is that the coils are red hot. I checked for proper grouning and cleaned where the coils bolt to block and still same scenario. Is ther a posibiltyt that they might have both gone bad at the same time or am i looking at a possible defective ecm? Thanks for responding.

Comment

Working...
          X