No announcement yet.

SX250TXRA bearing failure second event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SX250TXRA bearing failure second event.

We'll this is the second rod bearing failure since Ive had this motor. Its a 2002 250 OX66 salt water sieries (SX250txra).. First problem was that it threw a rod @ 145 hrs in January 2007. New powerhead replaced under warranty. Was told that the no.1 cylinder ran dry. Punched right through the block. I'm just a recreational fisherman and use the boat normally without no problems until then. I did use cheaper oil but after the new powerhead was installed I swapped to yamalube. Always ran ring free and clleaned the o2 sensor annually. Second problem was a rod bearing failure a few weeks ago on the no.1 cylinder after only 90 hrs operation over a two year span... Guess what....out of warranty. so now i'm faced with an expensive rebuild. Anyone else had similar experiences. I hoping Yamaha can offer some assistance. Any luck with Yamaha standing behind issues like this. Seems odd that I would have a failure after 90 hrs... Never run WOT and rpms are normal.. No after market stuff added... Not happy with the reliability I thought I was buying... I do know the old block from 2 years ago was sent back to yamaha for forensics but didn't pursue the root cause due to getting a brand new powerhead.

Thanks... Seamark
    Last edited by Seamark; 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM. Reason: typo in motor model no

if you do keep it i would suggest buying a new powerhead as it is about the same price and inquire on using a lil extra oil, either premixed or up the oil injection.

it sounds like you use the motor very little?

Comment

Hi, I do know that Yamaha is very good with there coverage, so if you are out of warentee just a short time give them a call. I have the Rep's number for the east coast. a very helpful person, he helped me out on my twin F225'S. give me aa private message, and I will give you his info.

Comment

Working...
      X