prop shaft not splined??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop shaft not splined??????

Ok Need Some Serious Help Here. Ran Over Some Fishing Line This Weekend And Decided To Pull Off The Prop On My 50tlrd And Remove Any Line Found. Now This Is The First Time I Have Removed The Prop On This Engine. First Step Pulled Cotter Pin 2nd Removed Crown Bolt And Washer Hmmm Prop Wont Come Off. Ah I See There Is A Nylon Nut That Needs To Be Removed Ok Done. I Pull The Prop Off And 4 Spring Type Pins Are On The Prop Shaft.???? Needless To Say There Was No Fishing Line Found And The Nylon Nut Cross Threaded Taking It Off. So I Go To My Mechanic And Shoe Him The Nut And Springs He Says Hes Never Seen Anything Like That. I Pull Up The Parts Manual On Yami Site No Nylon Nut Or Springs And Spacers Are Splined?????? The Prop Is A S0las Aluminum Prop. Anybody Ever Seen This On A Yamaha ?? Is This Some Type Of Conversion Kit?? Do The Springs Go Back On The Prop Shaft A Certain Way??? Where The Heck To Get The Replacement Nylon Nut? Checked Solas Site No Luck. Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

Sounds like you need a new hub kit for Solas prop, I don't remember seeing one with a nylon nut. Call boats.net at 877-512-6287 to see if they can get it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X