150 hpdi battery cables part #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 hpdi battery cables part #'s

i have a pair of 2003 150 hpdi's that i want to change out the battery cables, the Yammi schematics under electrical don't seem to show a factory part number. They should be same for 150/175/200..all years
    Last edited by coastaloutfitters; 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM.

I bought 10 ft of 4 guage marine cable, red and black, 20 ft total, plus 2 ft of adhesive backed shrink wrap, plus connectors to fit, Lead solder shots, shipped to my house for under $45. Received in 2 days. From Genuinedealz.com They even have a custom order feature if you know the exact length...Tell them the connector size on each end, they make it. Buy the largest cable that will fit into your rigging grommet. I squeezed in the 4 guage, rather than the 6 guage, but I custom drilled the grommet to make extra room to not squeeze the fuel and oil lines. I opted to do my own solder/cut to length job as now i know all 4 ends are 100%.

Fish on!

Lucky

Comment

JIT,

OK...I'll bite... why not solder? I used marine tinned wire, mechanicly crimped them, soldered them to ensure connectivity, used liquid electric tape, let dry, then used adhesive lined heat shrink, color coded of course.

Please let me know where I went wrong.

Yes, I know solder melts under large loads, hence the reason for the mechanical chrimp.

If there is something I am missing, please enlighten.

(I am not trying to call you out here, I thought in all my years of doing it this way and never having a problem I was OK to repeat)

Lucky

Comment

solder the end?

is there a reason why you should not solder the end? of the battery cable

Comment

Working...
        X