1996 yamaha 200 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 yamaha 200 hp

Recently I rebuilded my boat including the electrical wiring. Now I have a problem with both motors. they start perfectly the idle is perfect once I push both motors to 3000-4000 rpm they run perfectly for about 2-3 minutes and immediately both motors speed down to 2000 rpms activating the alarms on the key panel. The VRO was eliminated on both motors, also the original YAMAHA speed digital dial was eliminated. Can any of these actions cause my speed down problem????

Yes If the oil sensor's are still connected.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

another question

Hi! Both VRO system were disconnected two years ago. Also the gray cable that send info to the computer was cut. I still have the problem. I can not remember if when i removed the old wiring there was a cable to a sensor that need to be shorted in order to send a faulty signal to the computer indicating that the vro system still working. Also during the new wiring the YAMAHA speed,fuel indicator digital gauge was removed from the panel. Do any of these wires belonging to this indicator have to be reconnected? Is this part of the problem?

Comment

The temp or oil level sensor wire is grounded somewhere.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X