Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp 2 stroke piston ?

hello all,

i have recently bought a used power head to replace an unserviceable 90etlh. i have no model number for the engine it came from and am having trouble ordering a piston. pistons one and three are in great shape and the block is perfect, so i don't want to mess around with boring it out. i was told the engine overheated and instead of letting it cool after the auto shutoff, the genius just pulled the temp sensor. as a result, piston two melted a little and needs replaced. unfortunately none of the pistons match the specs in my FSM . the two good pistons measure 3.2403" (~82.3 mm) @ 0.39" above skirt bottom, and are marked 6H103. what replacement piston should i buy?

thanks
    Jason

Std bore is 82.00-82.02 mm, may have already been bored to 25mm oversize which would be stamped on top of piston.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

ok. i just cleaned of the top of the piston and it indicates 0.50. now i'm really confused. what piston do i have, and what is the replacement part number? how could it be 25mm oversize? that's near an inch.

Comment

Sorry, typo should have been .25mm oversize. Yamaha only has .25 and .50mm oversize pistons.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X