05 150 2 stroke loses rpms when I hit a wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 150 2 stroke loses rpms when I hit a wave

This has happened 2 of last 3 times I went out. Seems to be when I hit one especially hard. I thought it was fuel related but not so sure now. Yesterday cruising at 3600 and hit wave and dropped out to 3000. Rest of day was fine from 2600-4500 but wants to stall at lower rpm's.
    Prior to yesterday did this: Took out vent screen, New fuel lines, bulb, filter and housing, seafoam+ startron, both fuel pumps tested fine. Also pulled the carbs- removed bowls and they were damn clean. Still sprayed a bunch of carb cleaner to them with out disassembling them.
    Ran great on a test run so I thought I fixed it. Then yesterday after I hit that wave my low rpm range was sketchy.
    Think it might be electrical? Thanks in advance for any input.

Check for bad grounds and all electrical connections.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks. All the connections look good. I took off and reconnected the grounds. Maybe a low speed jet got clogged. Runs fine in the driveway but... offshore will tell the tale. Can they hook up a computer at a dealer to diagnose any relay or coil probs? Thanks in advance.

Comment

i would recheck fuel pumps, mine did same thing 2 weeks ago, after a while of running poorly it wouldnt run at all, one large hole in diaphram.

Comment

Both tested good again today when I loosened the mounting bolts and pumped the bulb- no leaks. Ive been told that if the diaphram is bad then fuel will come out of the center hole on the back of the pump. Both mine dont leak. Im down to tearing apart all 3 carbs or something electrical. Seafoam shocked it today and see what happens next trip. Then carbs then shop.

Comment

Does your motor have a Vapor Separation Tank (VST) on it? I have an 200 ox66 that had similar issues, I cleaned the VST tank, and replaced filter, it was clogged with slime...Ran like a champ after that....

Comment

Working...
            X