F115 Tach wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 Tach wiring

I recently had wiring problems associated with my new fishfinder and now my tach isnt working. It seems to be either a ground or a power issue.

I also recently replaced the analog hours meter. The hours meter has two purples (+/-) and I believe the yellow wire from tach was originally wired to the Purple(+). When the tach was wired this way, the tach only worked intermittedly when there was an electrical pulse to the hours meter.

I suspect the cause is a wiring problem to the electrical switches, but I have yet to be able to isolate even after several different wiring configurations to the console.

Tach Wires routing

Yellow -?
    Separate BLK & Green - Black joins up with the BLK from the BLK/Blue side of the tach, Green goes to a white connector module
    Separate BLK & Blue - Blue goes to fuel gage, Black joins with Black from the Green connector.

It appears that the Yellow wire destination is the cause of the problems, yet several different configurations havent produced desired results.

Any ideas?

thx
    jt

The yellow wire from ignition switch is 12 volt key on to power up gauges only, should not be connected to any switches.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X