Hour meter connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hour meter connection

I just purchased a boat fitted with a F115 Yamaha, the guages didn't include an hour meter. I have one mounted now, but where is the best place to connect the leads to on the wiring harness, it is a Yamaha guage/control package.

Thanks in advance, all help appreciated.

Does your digital Tach have a mode and reset button on the face? If it does then there is an hour meter built in to it. But if you do end up using an external hour meter you can connect it to the yellow wire in the harness. The yellow wire is 12v powered when the key is ON. The F115 also records the actual engine operation time in it's ECU which can be read through the Yamaha Diagnostic Software kit (60v-85300-02).

Mike......... Miami,FL

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

I thought the same thing, but there appears to be 2 versions of the guage packages, one with some of the functions deleted, such as the hour meter, etc. I recall reading in the manual that also, and it appears mine is the lower value guage set. Therefore, the need to have an external meter.

Thanks, maybe I am missing something, if I am help me out. This is my first experience w/ a newer 'electronic' outboard.

Comment

I've never heard of two versions of that tach gauge. What's the part number on your gauge? 6Y5-8350T-81-00 ? Should have the hour meter function in it. Is it a fairly new gauge package?

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X