kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kill switch

I have unfortuately ripped out my kill switch on the 703 side control and need another. Is there a part number and price available. Also, is there a wire diagram to re-hook the wires up within the side console?

I bought the 40 hp used and we had it for 6 months and blew a cylinder, which blew a hole in the cylinder wall and possible cracked the motor head. Is this worth repairing? The guy we bought it off of said the person he bought it off of was a duck hunter and supposebly got stuck in some mud at times. Not sure if it is worth repairing the motor. We got a good price on it, but not sure if it is worth it.

Any input would be greatly appriciated!

The stop switch is number 47 in diagram:
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL STANDARD SIDE 703 PUSH Diagram
    You can get a new powerhead for the 40hp, if rest of outboard is in good shape and it's not too old it's probably worth it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

whats all involved in replacing the powerhead? is it something i can do myself? I have mechanical skill but not sure whats all involved. Do you sell it here? what about a ballpark price if a mechanic would do it?

thanks

Comment

You could replace it yourself, get a service manual first. Give me the model number and I can look up part price.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

MODEL- C40TLRA
          SERIAL- 6H4L933155

There is a letter "R" on the bottom right hand corner if it means anything.

Do you have the manual as well?

Thanks

Comment

The powerhead is number 1 in diagram below:
            Yamaha Outboard Parts 2002 C40TLRA CYLINDER CRANKCASE Diagram
            You can order the Yamaha manuals at Yamaha's web site America's Most Diverse - Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, Home
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

When I look at the rear of the motor, the other mechanic took off piece 26 in the diagram you sent over. I see the three cylinders, at least I think that is what they are. The bottom one is chipped. I am guessing that is what the problem is. If I buy the crank case assembly (#1 in the diagram) do the cylinders come with that assembly or are they separate. I ordered the manual so I can become more familiar with the motor, but just want to make sure that crank case comes with everything needed.

Thanks

Comment

Yes the crank cylinder assemble(powerhead) will come with with the block, crank and pistons.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, will be ordering in a few weeks when money becomes available

Comment

Working...
                  X