What size battery cable lugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size battery cable lugs?

Ok I am almost complete on my 115 TLRC install, only to discover my existing battery cable is a little short. Not being able to locate the 9ft battery cable I need, I will just make my own. I will be using 4 awg Marine cable, but I am un sure of the cable end on the motor end. I believe the ground to be 5/16, but the Positive? What size? Is it 1/4?

Thanks,

Lucky

Originally posted by luckyer View Post
    Ok I am almost complete on my 115 TLRC install, only to discover my existing battery cable is a little short. Not being able to locate the 9ft battery cable I need, I will just make my own. I will be using 4 awg Marine cable, but I am un sure of the cable end on the motor end. I believe the ground to be 5/16, but the Positive? What size? Is it 1/4?

Thanks,

Lucky
    If you have a 9 foot cable you need to rethink the location of the battery and get the battery closer to the motor not further away !, the closer they are the better !

Comment

What size battery cable lugs?

Batterys are located adjacent to the motor, negative to battery ground, Positive to battery switch. Running through the rigging hose and zig zagging through the motor requires right at 7.5 ft. I called it 9, but it will be right about the 7.5-8 range. Maybe my rigging hose is a little long? I ordered 10 ft of 4 awg cable for each of the pos/neg wires. I will make them as short as possible. Just need to know the size on the positive realy end. I went ahead an ordered a 1/4 and a size 10.

Comment

Working...
      X