stainless steel prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless steel prop

I just purchased a new 05 f150 4stroke and the dealer told me that the steel prop runs better on the motor and that the ss prop vibrates and the motor does not perform as well...anybody exprience this or heard of this problem...thanks

That's crap. They are both "steel" props. One just happens to be a higher grade polished prop, and may have a better hub in it. Take a look at Power Tech props, the OFX line is highly regarded and a great performer. www.PTProps.com .

Mike........ Miami, FL

Comment

civicb,
      The "steel" prop that came with your motor is just fine if you are maxing out on plane at midrange for what the owners manual calls for.
      My C115 came with a Power Tech ss prop and I have been very happy with the performance. My manual calls for max rpm range of 4500-5500, and all trimed out with two fisherman and gear in my Pathfinder, I am turning 5100 rpm. If you are not "midrange" with your rig, then get a prop that will get you there.
      Good luck,
      Ken K
      Beaumont, TX

Comment

I have a 150Hp Vmax HPDI 2004 mod. I have tested many type of prop on this motor and I can tell you the best props I have experiment are Yamaha PRO serial. Terribly good performance, recommended.

http://www.boatsunlimitedny.com/Yamaha_prop.htm

Comment

i own a pair of mercury 4 blade offshore props and prefer the factory yamaha saltwater props over them.

Comment

I have run a Yammie ss prop on my 225 saltwater
            series motor and it is flawless.

Comment

Working...
            X