200hp vmax powerhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200hp vmax powerhead

I currently have a 1999 vmax 200hp outboard wiyh a blown powerhead. the problem is that my alarm for the oil never went off considering that the oil was going into the engine, but the wrong part. if anyone has had this problem in the past what is a way of preventing it from happening again.

This is all new to me as this is my first boat. So the best way to fix the problem is to pre mix the oil and gas?
    Also would I be better off buying a new powerhead or rebuilding my blown? Which is more cost effective?
    Thank you

Comment

i would suggest buying new and you find the best price here, but personally i would keep the oil system. can you explain how the oil went to the wrong part?
      or who told you this ?

Comment

from what i was told by the mechanic at the marina where the boat was purchased is that the oil line going into the motor somehow got disconnected which made the oil leak all over the engine. My boat has now been sitting there for about a year now because i have not had the extra money to fix it since the quotes im getting are for around $4000.

Comment

Working...
        X