Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting my Yamaha 150 HP 4-Stroke & a Raymarine A57???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting my Yamaha 150 HP 4-Stroke & a Raymarine A57???

I have a 2007 Yamaha 150 HP 4-Stroke (2006 manufactured). Based on my serial number and what a Yamaha tech says, my motor is NMEA 200 capable. I am not sure however if I have command link on the motor or if I even need that to get the engine data on my Raymarine. I'm mainly looking to find out what connector(s) on the motor I will need to locate and what cables I'll need. Any help would be extremely valuable to me!

Thanks,
    Dave

Yamaha's Command Link will connect to your motor. You would need to contact Raymarine for connection information.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I heard of 2 ways to make the connection to the Yamaha.
      1. come off the command link connector (which has only blue and white wires) with an adapter cable that changes to a NMEA200, then go NMEA 2000 to Seatalk.

2. Use a Seatalk cable that is a Stripped End Spur cable, which Connects products which do not have plug-in connectors (e.g. transducer pods). This cable has a blue, white, red, black, and shield. This cable would be wired into the yamaha ECM.

Do you see any issue wiring this cable (as mentioned in #2) to the ECM? This would give the easiest installation.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Not sure why you have to wire into ECM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yeah, I don't think I need to, but was just curious if it would be easier to just wire into the ECM with a stripped end Seatalk spur cable.

Comment

The Command Link gauges will give you more information as well as warning and diagnostic data.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X