carburator yamha 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburator yamha 50

this is the second tme i have to put my boat in shop for it not idleing and miss out at high speed is this a common problem

I'm sure more will chime in ,but....use a Fuel Stabilizer in your gas all of the time and install a Yamaha 10 micron(the big on or the mini 10 to trap the water(from the ethenol?)and the other contaminents.

My local shop spends the whole summer cleaning out carb jets from boats sitting over the winter that are all clogged up.

And while you are at it clean the on board engine filter.

Just my $.02 though......

Comment

Short answer....yes

My T50 carburated 4 stroke has had these problems and it is a typical problem for the pre-injection green emission engines. The above advice is good. The problem comes from the attempt to meet stringent emission standards with a carburated engine. Where most older carbs typically have 1 large idle port, these engines have ...ummm....I don't remember exactly, but approximately 10 tiny tiny ports for finer metering. As a result, they clog easily especially with ethanol fuels. Idle screws are brass plugged, so is tough to clean that area unless you drill out the plugs and remove them. Runs great when all is clean. Good Luck with yours!

Comment

Working...
      X