Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 40HP kill switch starting problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 40HP kill switch starting problem?

I've been fighting with this issue since last year- my Yamaha 40 TLRC on my Skiff takes forever to start, esp when cold. Ignitian switch and starter seem fine, and the kill switch seems t be the root of the problem. If I pull the lanyard and jostle it around onto the switch, eventually I hit a sweet spot and the engine fires up fine. And after engine is warm, this proceedure usually isn't needed. I'm hoping to figure out a fix and would greatly appreciate any advice.
    Thanks!
    Mark

If you have switch panel in dash, number 7 in diagram is the replacement.
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE ELECTRICAL SWITCH PANEL SINGLE Diagram
    If you have the 703 side mount control box, the replacement would be number 47 in diagram
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2005 2005 OUTBOARD RIGGING GUIDE CONTROL STANDARD SIDE 703 PUSH Diagram
    You can disconnect the white wire from stop switch(engine wont shut off with stop switch if you disconnect it, make sure not to disconnect white wire going to ignition switch) to find out if thats the problem.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I appreciate the advice Boats.net! I'll take a look and get the part I need to fix.
      Best,
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X