88 90hp power t/t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 90hp power t/t

remote trim switch shorted trimed up till battery ran down. now motor leaks down under its own weight. replaced o rings on all three pistons but still leaks down. also made sure that manual relief valve was tight, and oil was full and air blead. whats next, and can you buy rebuild kit or do you just keep trying 1 valve or o ring at a time.

Without the pressure testers it would be just trial and error. You might start with the main valves, number 32 in diagram
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 1988 90ETLG POWER TRIM & TILT Diagram
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for reply: do you need to replace sub assb. or just the o rings. also cant tell on diagram does 36,37,39 group and 38, 62,61 are they inside under motor and res. or outside. these say relief valves, would oil not bypass one valve when it reached full tilt or will it bypass all valves. try to figure which parts to order. cant see paying almost 3ks for new assb. motors not worth that much.

Comment

The sub valves(main valves) are the only part you can replace without tearing trim unit down.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

removed unit from boat after replacing o rings on cyls did not work. had to be removed to get to one of the main valves any way. dont mind breaking down unit if i can fix it. just would like to know which parts so i dont have to order 3-4 times. would i be better off sending unit off to have fixed, if so where.

Comment

Working...
          X