Yamaha Engine....Teleflex Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Engine....Teleflex Gauges

Since I am using Teleflex and not Yamaha gauges; should I have ordered the yamaha engine insert and tubing part as recommended in my previous post response?

I understand that there is a basic incompatibility of metric vs. standard english sizing.

Would I do better to use the teleflex system direct from the guages to the engine and then adapt using: TEL 61886P by: Teleflex ?

Am I correct that there will be no way to adapt from the Yamaha tubing at the gauge itself?

Please advise...Thanks.

No if you are using aftermarket then get the 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness(you will change connectors at gauges) and order MAR-WPRES-AD-TR water pressure adapter(will thread into block). Do not use Yamaha 688-83667-00-00 w/p tubing, use the Teleflex tubing.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

water & oil pressure senders

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
      No if you are using aftermarket then get the 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness(you will change connectors at gauges) and order MAR-WPRES-AD-TR water pressure adapter(will thread into block). Do not use Yamaha 688-83667-00-00 w/p tubing, use the Teleflex tubing.
      I have the same issue to which I will use your advice that you have given but my question is finding the location on block to where each sender goes in. Secondly, I have a water temp gauge instead so which one is better to have or have both?

Comment

If you are using aftermarket temp gauge then use their temp sender, it will probably bolt on not thread into port like Yamaha's.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
          If you are using aftermarket temp gauge then use their temp sender, it will probably bolt on not thread into port like Yamaha's.
          Thanks, and it seems that the thread-on sender would be the better one?..... Also does this harness "6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness" work on my '86 115ETLJ

Comment

Yes that harness will work. Yamaha temp sender may not be compatable with a non Yamaha gauge.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X