2003 VMAX 150hp Carb??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 VMAX 150hp Carb??

I have a 2003 VMAX 150hp 2-stroke V150TLRB. I am going to rebuild my carbs myself. I got a quote for the job at the Yamaha shop and they wanted $500!! I know how to rebuild and clean auto carbs so I am going to give this a try. I need to buy a carb kit and a manual, but did not know if I need 3 carb kits for the three carbs I have on my motor? Also, which manual is the best? I was wondering if there are any tricks I need to know before I start?? Special tools or techniques to know to make it easier. Linkage for three carbs is the only thing that worries me. I know to record everything about the set-up while taking it apart to make re-tuning a little easier. Any info would be nice? thanks.

Carb kit number 21 in diagram will do all three carbs.
    Yamaha Outboard Parts 2003 V150TLRB REPAIR KIT 1 Diagram
    The Yamaha manuals, you can get at www.yamaha-motor.com have the best specs and special tools information but doesn't give detail steps for disassemble and cleaning. Clymer or Seloc manuals give more information taking apart and putting back togather.
    Just need carb cleaner and air compressor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I just called two Yamaha shops here and they told me that the carb kit only does one(1) carb?? Will you please check your part and let me know how many kits I need to order? The Yamaha shops gave me a price of $90 with tax so you got them beat but how many should I order?? thanks.

Comment

Yes you are right it only does 1 carb. I'm sorry.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Wanted to know how it turned out.
          I'm going to redo my carbs soon. Dealer wanted 800 for it....
          Any info you could pass along would be great.

Comment

Working...
          X