Attaching Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching Gauges

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.

I am trying to attach the leads for guages to my 2008 Yamaha 50HP 2-stroke outboard motor:

- RPM;
    I have been told that I need a yamaha insert to allow accessing the RPM signal without cutting-in or "pigtailing". Can someone please provide this part number to let me order it? And; tell me where to make the attachment?

- Water Pressure
    I understand that I need an insert to tap the water pressure...same question: part number and location?

Thanks in advance; as you can see I am new to this and would appreciate any and all guidance.

You would need 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness that connects to key switch(or 703 control box if side mount control box is used) and to gauges.
    The water pressure gauge requires 688-83667-00-00 sender that threads into pressure port on engine block.
    Your choice of Pro Series gauge or Pro Series II white or black face gauge.
    Water Pressure Gauges and Harness
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Tiller Steering

I should have mentioned also that I have the optional tiller attached.

Will this affect the location or parts numbers?

Thanks for your quick response!

Comment

Same part numbers, just have to connect gauge harness to key switch on handle.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Teleflex Guages

Since I am using Teleflex and not Yamaha gauges; should I have ordered the yamaha engine insert and tubing part as listed above?

I understand that there is a basic incompatibility of metric vs. standard english sizing.

Would I do better to use the teleflex system direct from the guages to the engine and then adapt using: TEL 61886P by: Teleflex ?

Am I correct that there will be no way to adapt from the Yamaha tubing at the gauge itself?

Please advise...Thanks.

Comment

No if you are using aftermarket then get the 6Y5-83553-N0-00 gauge harness(you will change connectors at gauges) and order MAR-WPRES-AD-TR water pressure adapter(will thread into block). Do not use Yamaha 688-83667-00-00 w/p tubing, use the Teleflex tubing.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X