115 sputtering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 sputtering

I have a 2003 Yamaha 115 4 Stroke. My problem is low speed sputtering. When i'm going across at normal speed or anything above idle really i'm fine...i pull back on throttle down to either into neutral or just as slow a speed as possible and the engine has a hard time staying running. I ran a treament of seafoam through it and changed plugs. Changed fuel filter. Last year i started using 93 octane non-oxygenated. I used to use 87.

This all started middle of last season. I'm in Minnesota. I plan on bringing it in sometime soon before the ice melts for service but thought i would run this by you guys on here to see what you thought. Am i more than likely looking at injectors needing to be cleaned?

I haven't been religous about using any kind of additive as i use the boat alot and only worried about using Stabil for winter storage. I also didn't know about the external 10 micron filter that yamaha has. I just ordered one of those.

Thanks
    Bob

May need to have fuel system cleaned, new filters, syncronized and check idle control valve.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X