Yamaha 704 Remote Control Shift Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 704 Remote Control Shift Cable

I need to replace my yamaha 704 remote control shift cable, but I cannot find a part #. Can someone tell me what shift cable I need? Also, is the shift and the throttle cable exactly the same?
    I have a 23 foot center console, what length cable should I get?
    thanks.

There should be a part # on the cable if it is indeed a Yamaha factory cable...if it does the last couple of digits indicate the length. And yes, the throttle and shift cables are the same

Comment

Is it written anywhere specifically on the cable? I dont think that it is a yamaha cable because its just a blue cable.

Comment

The part number would be MAR-CABLE-xx-SC(replace xx with length cable needed). The part number on cable will tell you the length and is usually about 2 foot from one of the ends.
        Last edited by boats.net; 02-24-2009, 02:03 PM.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by mm331456 View Post
          Is it written anywhere specifically on the cable? I dont think that it is a yamaha cable because its just a blue cable.
          Some where on one end or the other will be the length stamped on the outer casing it some time hard to find and hard to read so you might have to do a measure with a tape . Its the totall length with the bits sticking out the ends that is the measurment . or simply disconect and remove one of them and lay it out straight and measure , remember its the totall length !!.

Comment

Boats.net sells a MAR-CABLE-xx-GY, but not MAR-CABLE-xx-SC. Is that the same?? I cannot find MAR-CABLE-xx-SC part # to purchase online.

http://www.boats.net/_search/commonp...er=Yamaha&ID=2

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mm331456 View Post
              Boats.net sells a MAR-CABLE-xx-GY, but not MAR-CABLE-xx-SC. Is that the same?? I cannot find MAR-CABLE-xx-SC part # to purchase online.

http://www.boats.net/_search/commonp...er=Yamaha&ID=2

thanks
              The most important thing is the o/l of the complete cable reguardless of what brand you finally pick on !! some brands have a cable that is slightly more flexable to go round tighter corners !

Comment

Yamaha only has the premium cables now the part numbers will supersede to the -SC numbers. Here is the 12ft cable
                MAR-CABLE-12-SC
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, having a 23 foot CC with the CC at the center of the boat I would probably need a 15 foot cable to be on the safe side. Since its a tight fit to get the cable through, I want attach the new cable to the old cable and snake the old one out and the new one in, otherwise I would just remove it and measure it for exact size.
                  http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/Y-...BLE-15-SC.html

Comment

Working...
                  X