tilt on prov 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilt on prov 150

having proble with the the tilt on my 94 porv 150.got home last nite and the motor was tilted all the way up and the tilt motor kicking in and out. had to disconect batt. i went to check it out hooked batt. back up the tilt motor was'nt running any more but all i can do is tilt up it want go down. all the tilt and trim switches do the same thing. has any one had this problem?

jon,
    - sounds like you have a bad up relay or a bad tilt switch. Try disconnecting the wire going to the coil lead coming out of the up relay - on my C115 its just a male/female in line bullet connector covered with clear plastic. Isolate the coil lead so that it does not come in contact with ground or 12 volts and do the same for the wire you just disconnected.
    With a voltmeter, check the wire that goes to the coil to see if 12 volts is there without any of the up/down switches engaged. If so, then one of the switches is bad, giving the up relay coil an "up command", if you will, all the time. You will have to isolate each switch to see which is the culprit.
    If there is no voltage on the wire, try moving the tilt motor down with one of the up/down switches. If the motor won't go down and you hear the down relay clicking, then the up relay is probably bad, with the wiper of the relay sticking to the twelve volt terminal all the time.
    It's not a bad idea to have a main battery switch to kill all power to the motor when off the water.
    Hope this helps.
    Ken K
    Beaumont, TX

Comment

jon,
      I checked the tilt relays on my C115 and there are two coil wires that come out of the relay housing. One is black, and I assume that one is the ground lead. The other is blue/green and that one is the 12 volt lead to the coil.
      - Ken K -

Comment

ken, thanks for all the info. i checked out all my trim switches and found out the one on the motor it self went bad.and it also burnt up the up relay just like u said. with out your post i would have just got a trim switch with out checking the relay. thanks alot for your reply it realy help me out alot.

Comment

Working...
        X