Swapping engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping engines

Hi, I currently have a 1989 Yamaha 90hp on my boat. The engine is getting a bit aged, so I have purchased a new, in box 1999 C-90. I realize that I may be able to continue using a lot of my old controls, wiring etc., but as all of these components are 20 years old, I would rather change most of these items now. Looking through the Yamaha website, they reference plug-n-play electrics. Further research on the web indicates that the 703 control box has undergone internal changes (push vs. pull?).

The Yamaha website refers to the electrics of new, 2009 engines, not 1999 engines (understandably so). My question is which new components do I need for my 1999 engine? I want the correct 703 box, as well as the correct wiring between the motor and 703, and between the motor and the battery. Lastly, I currently have the Yamaha combo guage (digital tach, tilt, oil quantity). Which Yamaha guage would be a correct replacement, realizing I do not need the oil level indicator? Thank you for your help. Bob

Just use the analog tach without oil lights and you will only need the harness that goes between 703 and gauge for power.
    703 Control Box and Analog Tach
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. As far as a new engine harness, is that included with the 703 control box? Thanks, Bob

Comment

Yes the 703 comes with a 16ft main 10 pin harness.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Great. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X