2004 115 TLRC install- new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 115 TLRC install- new member

Ok. I finally got fed up with those "other" motors letting me down. I have crossed over to the Yamaha world !
    I am doing a for scratch install of a 2004 115 TLRC in a Proline 170. (There are so many differnet variations of the same part number- like the last 4 digits !)
    I need help with ordering the Parts list.
    This is where I am at this point:
    Switch with alarm- 704-82570-08-00
    Binnacle control-Premium 704-48205-p0-00+Control cables-once measured
    Wire Harness- 10p-16 ft 6x3-8258a-00-00 (Do the make smaller?)
    Tach kit 6ys-8350T-82-00
    with adapter 6ys-85335-10-00
    Remote tank (Small one) 6yr-w0035-94-00

Am I missing something? Do I need the guage harness for the tach 6y5-83553-00?
    Am I close? Any help in correcting this before I start ordering would be appreciated !
    Fish on !
    Lucky

16ft is the shortest 10 pin harness
    Tach kit is 6YR-W0035-E2-00.
    Adapter harness is 6Y5-85335-10-00
    Oil Tank kit is 6YR-W0035-92-00
    The rest is ok.
    Set tach for 2 stroke engine, 12 pole alternator and 2 wire trim sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2004 115 TLRC Install

I knew I was close. Thanks for the clarifications on the Part numbers, I am placing my orders this evening. So I am guessing I do not need the guage harness for the tach 6y5-83553-00?
      (Maybe it's for other guages only, which I am not installing at this time) If it is needed let me know I will include it in the shopping list.

Thanks again for the help,

Fish On !

Lucky

Comment

That harness is included with tach kit.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Just recieved all the above parts from you. (You guys did an excellent job on service, delivery, and price- which is appreciated) Just completed a trial layout. I am concerned about all the extra pig tails and plugs, empty wires. I see that many reference the Yamaha Rigging guide, but I can not find one on line for my 2004 115TLRC . Is this a dealer item? Or can someone email me one? luckyer@sbcglobal.net Wiring diagram? I know it's Plug n play...just the extra stuff scares me...Like I forgot something or did something wrong. Help!

Fish on ! Lucky

Comment

It's been emailed to you.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Bobby thanks for the diagram. However I can not see the need for the adapter in this scenario- 6y5-85335-10. Following the diagram, without the adapter I am left with the red off the key switch unattached? Adding the adapter, I have Green, Green/red,pink, grey connected to Green/Red, Green/yellow, with a leftover unconnected female end on the adapter of Pink, Black Gray? Am I correct in assuming I do not need the adapter, as the oil trim harness 6y5-83653-20 only has 1 male 4 wire plug rather than 2 plugs?
              Thanks for the help, I am trying to not fry anything upon install.

Comment

A 2004 motor should have two square(off white colored) connectors, the harness that comes with kit only has one connector. The adapter connects the two connectors on motor to single connector on harness, you will need to connect black wire on adapter to engine block ground. The adapter shown in information I sent you is not the same adapter you have, the adapter you have is to be installed at engine and wire colors in harness probably wont match up.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Eureka...I was trying to connect on tach end...Gotcha on the motor end. (Motor arrives today) Looks like I got it, other than the unused Red off the power switch. Thanks so much for the help and patience!

Lucky

Comment

I believe this will be my last question. The red(Pos) terminal is connected to the bottom right of the lower solenoid, along with the yellow wire with the fuse link. Am I correct or close?

Where does the Ground (Neg) connect? Anyone have a diagram or picture?
                    luckyer@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again..I am almost there...
                    Lucky

Comment

If you are talking about the gauge harness, it connects to yellow, green, black and red wire at key switch panel not to motor.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

More Help!-2004- 115 HP TLRC-Install

OK. I got it all hooked up. All wiring harness verified by color code for proper hookup. Turned the key on, remote oil tank filled main tank and shut off. Trim works up/down, choke works, starter cranks over motor. But Overheat buzzer is sounding and overheat lightlight on TACH is illuminated.

Now buzzer is still buzzing and Tach display is Blank. (It worked for like 3 minutes) All connections OK, and fuse on yellow is OK.

Any ideas? Bad Tach?

Lucky

Comment

More Help!-2004- 115 HP TLRC-Install

Checked all connections, solid. Starter Motor cranks engine. Unplugged everything, plugged it back in. Checked both red wire fuses on motor. Good. Same result.

Checked all wires/conectors. The only thing I found remotely different is the White 4 prong plug on motor (Black, Pink, Gray, Orange( plugs into a 3 prong on the adaptor. (Black, Pink, Gray) The orange wire terminates there????

So here I sit. buzzer going off, no display on tach. Wrong adaptor? Bad tach? Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky

Comment

The buzzer will sound until engine oil tank fills above lower line line on oil tank. May have blown a fuse on gauge harness, check inline fuse on yellow wire.
                            Regards
                            Boats.net
                            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

2004 115 TLRC install- new member

Oil Tanks are full, oil pumped from remote to empty engine tank fine,filled it up, shut off, all 3 oil bars fine. Water indicator flashing on cold motor, not one of the 3.

No burnt fuses anywhere, thermoswitches all test OK.

One tech said the -90 tach does not work on the 2004's - it needs the -81 or -82 tach and the 68f harness....Rather than the -90 tach, 6y5 harness with adapter. quoted 2007 rigging guide I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X