Help with 703 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 703 wiring

Hi this is my first post here, I found this forum while doing a Google search for Yamaha wiring diagrams and I’m hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a F50AET engine which came with a 703 control unit.
    I am trying to find out what the wires coming out of the 703 are for. There are two taped groups of wires, they are, group one, four wires, Green, Black, Yellow and Red.
    The other group are two yellows in a double connector, two Blacks in a double connector and one pink.

I have a Yamaha Tacho with built in oil level gauge (part No 6Y5-83540-04). The wires coming out the bottom of the unit are Green/Black – Yellow/Black – Red/Black, whish I assume are for the oil level.
    The other wires are Yellow, Green and Black on the left of the unit and Blue and Black at the top of the unit.

On the Trim gauge there are Blue and Black at the top of the unit and Orange/Red – Pink/Red – Black/Red all going into a female socket then one Black/red and Yellow/Red with male connectors.

So my question is “Do I need wiring harnesses for each of these gauges or are the wires coming out of the 703 connectable.

As you can tell I am new to boating and have never used this level of engine/wiring before.

Regards

Malcolm

I think you will find that group one should plug into a harness that runs to the motor for power tilt/trim, group two is:
    black=ground
    yellow=switched 12v
    red/pink=constant 12v

the tach colors are:
    blue=lighting 12v
    black=ground
    I would have to guess on the others from the tach

the trim gauge is:
    blue=lighting 12v
    black=ground
    yellow=switched 12v
    red=constant 12v