89 pro v 150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 pro v 150

I have an 89 pro v 150. I'm woundering how far to adjust my throtle. When at full throttle the linkage that rides on the accel. cam can move about 1/16" further until it fully stops. Is this to far or not far enough? It was moving about 3/16" until I replaced a roller that was wore out. There is an ajustment for this on the middle carb. Also I have slowly lost about 300-400 RPM befor this repair and was hoping this will give me some of that back. Thank you for any help.

You need to follow the sync and link steps in service manual, be careful not to change timing without the specs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for the reply, but I don't see how this can change the timing. All this does is adjusts how far all the carbs and the oil valve open. I did not change any idividual linkage or the timing. Nothing bottoms out after I changed the roller it just opened everything up a little more(1/8 to 3/16 of an inch at full throttle). I think it is ok but was just wanted to make sure. I did put it on muffs today and it started right up and seemed to run like it always did. I just didn't want to over stroke anything at full throttle. If I'm not right please tell me. I'm not a boat mech.. I am however very capable of some repairs.

Comment

Working...
      X