2006 F60TLR....Inoperative Tilt and Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F60TLR....Inoperative Tilt and Trim

I began having a problem with an inoperative power tilt and trim back in November in the mornings when launching. After hitting the button for a while and manually lifting the motor some, it would work. Which led me to believe it was just frozen. So that was my routine, pour hot liquids on the cylinders to "unfreeze" the ice.

Well yesterday was a warm day, and it stayed stuck all day. So my theory is out the window. When I push the button on my throttle or on the outboard, it always 'clicks' but doesn't move the outboard.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I've got a '06-50 TLR that had a similar problem. It would work from the engine switch but not from the throttle.

I inadvertantly discovered that on the battery post there was part of the (tilt) cable insulation covering part of the lug (not making full contact)

I cut it back, to expose clean metal, and wholla no more problems.

Maybe this wil help.

Comment

Find the wires that go from trim motor(on top of power trim assemble) to trim relay, disconnect trim motor green and blue wires from trim relay and connect them to a 12 volt battery to test if trim motor works ok. If trim motor runs then problem is a trim relay or trim switch or wiring.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
      X