2001 yamaha 150 direct injection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 yamaha 150 direct injection help

I could use advice on this motor. I just bought a 94 bass boat with this motor on it. The motor looks like new but has a hole in front of the block. A mechanic inspected visually and said it can be welded as the hole is not actually in the block. It is in the front. He felt the repairs may run $2500-$3000..My questions are....what is the value of this motor as is? Value repaired? I have been offered $750 for the power trim unit from a guy with a 200 that he says will cost him over $1600 to repair. . I was told a rebuilder offered $1000 for the motor, as is, sight unseen. The prop alone is $350 plus. ..I noticed on E bay many of the parts are selling for a lot. This motor has digital tach, controls, etc...I really do not want to part it out. My goal is to get a good used 115 for the bass boat...I have photos if anyone is inteterested. What would do if on a very small budget...Sell? if so where? Part out? Repair? Trade in on a good used 115 hp?...Thank you in advance for all your advices....

the hole came from SOMEthing, most likely a rod, which would be of more concern to me.

4k for a BRAND new powerhead with warranty from here would be the way Id go.
    Last edited by jb123; 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...I sold motor today....

Comment

Working...
      X