Minimum compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum compression

What should be the minimum compression on a '99 v200tlrx ox66 before considering a rebuild. I'm showing 100-103 across the board. Did the compression cold w/ throttle open and closed. Also did it w/ engine warm w/ throttle open and closed. All readings were the same. If it's time for a rebuild where is the best place to get the parts for the best price. Thanks, stiver

compression ?

I owned a 250 ox66 that had 95 psi on one cyl. and other 5 were 100to 103psi. It was the best running and starting motor I ever owned. I ran for a couple years expecting it to blow because a yam mechanic said it would. It never did ? I sold it on ebay for $1,825.00 and bought a 2003 250 hpdi with 115 to 120 psi on all cylinders that I also expect to blow up at any moment because of hpdi reputation.It has 2,457 hrs and I paid $2,200. for it. for that LOW PRICE I expect Kaboom?

Comment

as long as the cyls are within 10 % , up and down , you are ok

Comment

The reason I'm asking is this engine is 10yrs old and decreased compression would equal decreased hp. Just trying to have as much bang for my buck as possible. If I knew what the compresion was from the fac. I also would know what the condition of my engine.

Comment

Working...
        X